Travel Hacks Before You Leave to go on Vacation to Bohol, Philippines
1. Instead of a hotel or resort, look into reserving a house if your traveling with a family, or a single room if you are alone. Websites like InfoBohol can provide homes and private Cheap rooms from home owners who are renting them out, usually offering better prices on accommodations than hotels. (long term stay should be (booked directly through their website)
2. Roll your clothes when packing. Instead of a folded pile of cloths in your suitcase, rolling your clothes allows you to fit more clothes in your suitcase. Plus, you can even roll your underwear and socks and combing your clothes for optimal space-saving.
3. Scan your passport !IMPORTANT, identification cards, and itinerary confirmations? email them to yourself under another email account. This provides an extra copy of each in the event of loss or theft. As a Smartphone user, once I email the documents to myself (under another account), I usually open the email on my smartphone and save them onto Google drive. This provides an offline record.
4. MOST IMPORTANT!!!! It’s important to remember to call your credit or debit card company before you leave to ensure that you have your card authorized for your foreign destination. This prevents them from suspecting suspicious activity and subsequently suspending your credit card. This is so important!
5. Mark your baggage as fragile. its a great way to ensure that your baggage is handled correctly. Your luggage is kept at the top because of this, which will make it one of the first bags to be released.
Travel to Bohol Hacks For the Departure
6. Bring your own water bottle. Depending on the airline’s own policies regarding drink costs, the amount of times water is offered may not be to your liking. Having your own water bottle ensures that you have water when you want it. When they do come around, top off your bottle with a fresh supply of bottled water.
7. Never underestimate the value of a fanny pack. Yes, they can be embarrassing and seemingly out of the mid-to-late 1980s, but trust me—every time I travel, even domestically, it has ensured that my valuables are safe, and it expedites security checks in all airports, learn this trick.
8. Splurge on Internet service if your flight is more than six-and-a-half hours long. You’ll thank me when you find out that sparking conversation with your seat partner is harder than pulling teeth. Plus, you can complete work for the last time before you hit your Bohol, Philippines destination.
9. Ensure that you have a pen before leaving home so you can complete customs forms. Fill out the forms when you get them, and ensure that your family members have theirs filled as well. People will clamor for your pen; flight attendants rarely have them and customs well, lets face it, here in the Philippines they will not lend you a pen.
10. 20 minutes before you land, sprint for the bathroom. Usually when the seat-belt light comes on, I’ve found that you still have 15 minutes of leeway until you truly have to be seated. Use this opportunity to relieve yourself to prevent fighting for restrooms when you land. This is a handy tip.
Travel Hacks When You Arrive in the Philippines
11. RUSH directly for the baggage claim. It is amazing how many people seem to lollygag after landing. Do not delay in picking up your bags.
12. Use ATMs to get local currency. Using money converters in the airport is a waste of money, use the money changers exchange rates after you leave the airport (YOU WILL THANK ME FOR THIS LATER). ATMs always dispense local currency, of course, so use your debit or credit card and get your money there IN YOUR OWN CURRENCY. Then exchange it at the local currency exchange as ICM MALL or BQ Mall offers higher rates. I recommend ICM mall and the exchange is right near the escalator at the ground floor (NEAR THE GROCERY STORE). Trust me as they will give you the best rates..
13. Ensure that you have bookmarked BoholTourPackages.com for tours here in Bohol. This is a great place to find Tours in Bohol for both travelers and locals alike, and is best way to find the most amazing places to eat and sight-see in Bohol.
14. Shop for groceries when you arrive, ICM has the most selection of foreign foods BQ Mall in Tagbiliaran is also good . You don’t have to shop for a feast, but getting basics like water and a few snacks in local stores instead of at the hotel can save you a ton of money.
15. When in your room, remove only the necessities from your luggage. Trying to make yourself at home by taking out every pair of shoes and all of your toiletries will only make repacking a living hell, and it increases your chances of forgetting something when it’s time to go home. TIP: Also bring a washrag with you as most hotels here do not supply wash rags.
Exploring Your New Bohol Location
16. Use guidebooks sparingly. I recommended Bohol Tour Packages because it allows you to discover a few places off the beaten path. Guidebooks only present you with tourist spots in Bohol; even those that advertised themselves as being off the beaten path. These guys now the best places to tour in Bohol..trust me you will NOT be disappointed.
17. Use the local language as much as possible (Bisaya). It reflects well not only on you but also on Americans/your nationality in general. It shows you are willing to make the effort, which can work in your favor in some situations. Some simple words are Thank you (Slamat) and your so nice (buutan: behave; diligent; kind; virtuous; well-bred) you can learn more Cebuano phrases here
18. Have a souvenir list prepared, and stick to it. This will save you money and prevent you from purchasing something that “you’ll find someone to give to another time”.
19. Eat locally only. Save McDonald’s, in Tagbilaran (soon to open in Alona Beach), if you have to eat it in any location, for when you’re home. Trying the local cuisine will save you more money and allow you to experience new and flavorful meals. Readout Best restaurants in Bohol
20. “When in Rome, do as the Romans” is a general saying that I like to translate it as, “don’t be a stubborn traveler, and get out of your comfort zone”. Your a gust here in Bohol, If a country advises modest dress, for example, follow through. It can even ensure your safety as a foreigner.
Travel Hacks for Returning Home
21. If you are a frequent traveler, live out of your toiletry bag and keep it packed. This will allow the packing process to be a bit easier and will prevent you from having to make expensive toiletry purchases if you forget something.
22. Use Google Drive or Google+ at 15 GIG (unlimited storage when you upload your photos) when sharing traveling photos to makes it seamless and easy. like sharing automatically you will also have a copy of your precious photos backed up (Again for photos it’s UNLIMITED!).
23. Unpack immediately! When you enter the door of your home. You may be tired out of your mind, but you’ll be glad you did it when you arrive home. Plus, it saves your luggage from smelling like soiled laundry.
These are our 23 travel hacks for visiting Bohol, Philippines.
We hope you enjoyed our travel hacks and enjoyed the Bohol Paradise in the Philippines and hope to see you again here soon. (Mabuhay) Welcome to Bohol Philippines and hope to see you again real soon.
3,392 total views, 4 views today